Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ignore errors in oozie workflows

Ignore errors in oozie workflows

Rising Star

Hello,

Is there a way to ignore errors in Oozie workflows defined from Hue? I.e. if I have a long complex workflow, there might be some steps where an error should be noted, but it should not cause the whole workflow to fail.

I suppose if the workflow.xml was developed by hand then it would be possible to specify the "error to=" transition, but I am not sure if this is in any way possible from the Hue workflow editor?

Thanks,

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Ignore errors in oozie workflows

Master Guru
You should be able to manually configure the OK and ERROR transitions in each action's settings pane (the gear icons to its right), and within the 'Transitions' tab inside it.

Rising Star

Hi Harsh, thanks for your reply,

Where exactly is this gear icon? Is it something newly introduced in the new Hue Oozie editor? I am on CDH 5.3, I don't see a gear icon either in the workflow design pane or in the Edit Action view. Or am I just missing it??

Thanks,

Martin

Master Guru
You're correct in that the Hue version within 5.3 does not have this feature (I hadn't realised you were on 5.3 from the original post). It is present in 5.4 though.

See screenshots http://imgur.com/s1wKk9c and http://imgur.com/p0RfTC0 for an example.

Rising Star

Thanks Harsh. So I take this as confirmation that in CDH 5.3 it is not possible to configure the workflow to ignore errors on particular actions?

Thanks,

Martin

Master Guru
Yes, that is correct. Hue's Editor in 5.3 does not let you do this.
The feature is in 5.4+.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here