Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala Rolling Restart with REST API?

Impala Rolling Restart with REST API?

Explorer

Environmental factors require us to restart impala daemons in batches of ~20 and not all at once. It's not a huge issue, but it's an annoyance for our operations folks to do during upgrades. I was exploring the CM REST API and see that some services offer the rolling restart option. I tried using this with Impala, but the curl command gave a "Unsupported Media Type" in the logs.

1. Is there somethign wrong with the order/syntax of what I'm trying to do with the REST API? Or does Impala just not allow this command.
  2. Does anyone have another idea on how to restart daemons in batches of 20 (outside of lumping them into role groups of 20)?

Cloudera API Explorer:

/clusters/{clusterName}/services/{serviceName}/commands/rollingRestart

My Command:

curl -u -X POST <username>:<password> <ip_address>/api/v15/clusters/cluster/services/impala/commands/rollingRestart

Log Output:

* Trying x.x.x.x...
* Connected to x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x) port 7180 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user '<user>'
> GET /api/v15/clusters/cluster/services/impala/commands/enterMaintenanceMode HTTP/1.1
> Host: x.x.x.x:7180
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=
> User-Agent: curl/7.49.0
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 415 Unsupported Media Type
< Expires: Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:00 GMT
< Set-Cookie: CLOUDERA_MANAGER_SESSIONID=3xyl1ut71idxca14zdverda7;Path=/;HttpOnly
< Allow: POST,GET,DELETE,PUT,OPTIONS,HEAD
< Content-Length: 0
< Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:11:31 GMT
< Server: Jetty(6.1.26.cloudera.4)
<
* Connection #0 to host x.x.x.x left intact

"message" : "Double-check the URL. Consider adding '\"Content-Type: application/json\"' to your HTTP headers if the URL expects JSON input."

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Impala Rolling Restart with REST API?

Explorer

(Removed)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here