Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala, TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Impala, TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0

New Contributor

Hi ,

After install a load balancer with ssl for impala, all the impala deamons are generating many messages on each log with the following description : "INFO thrift-util.cc:109 TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0"

we can have a lot messages per second, and it never stops.

This message is part of a health test or something like that ?

What can i do to check something wrong with my conection to the load balancer?

Log example :

Apr 6, 10:10:53.549 AM INFO thrift-util.cc:109 TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0
Apr 6, 10:10:53.937 AM INFO thrift-util.cc:109 TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0
Apr 6, 10:10:54.037 AM INFO thrift-util.cc:109 TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Impala, TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0

New Contributor

Hi,

We reviewed the configuration of the Impala service and removed an extraneous role group containing only a single Impala daemon node. After restarting the Impala service and re-deploying the client configurations, ODBC clients connected successfully through the HAProxy load balancer .

Cloudera support  help me with this issue reported on the case 91228.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Impala, TThreadPoolServer: TServerTransport died on accept: SSL_accept: error code: 0

Rising Star

This usually means that SSL is configured badly - is your load balancer and / or client configured to make an SSL connection to Impala?

The repeated connections are a mystery - they're coming from the client RPC port. So maybe something is using your load balancer repeatedly? Or is the LB itself attempting to create a set of connections (maybe to warm up its connection pool)?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your suppport and interest.

These are the answers for your questions:

1. Yes, we are trying to make an SSL connection to Impala, however , we don't know if we need to change something. Do you know some test or steps to check this ?

2. We don't now if a client are trying to check the connection, so, how i can check this ? I can't find an other log with more information or clues to identify the problem.

3.The LB does not have any health test or something like that, only manage the conections from/to CDH.

Highlighted

Rising Star

You will need to tell your client (is it shell, JDBC or something else?) to use SSL. Have you read http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/archive/impala/2-x/2-0-x/topics/impala_ssl.html? The instructions for the shell are at the bottom of that pa

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

We reviewed the configuration of the Impala service and removed an extraneous role group containing only a single Impala daemon node. After restarting the Impala service and re-deploying the client configurations, ODBC clients connected successfully through the HAProxy load balancer .

Cloudera support  help me with this issue reported on the case 91228.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here