Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

In Azure, I ssh into my Sandbox VM but can't SETUP AMBARI ADMIN PASSWORD MANUALLY

Contributor

As you can see below, I am in my Azure VM. I am trying to reset the admin password for the ambari following this link (http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/#explore-ambari-azure)

I see that I have HDP 2.5.0. I don't see the ambari-admin-password or ambari-agent commands.

Can someone explain how I can manually reset the ambari admin password assuming that is needed to ambari dashboard on port 8080 as admin. I can successfully use the ambari dashboard as maria_dev.

thanks. - Colin

[azure@sandbox ~]$ sudo ambari-admin-password-reset sudo: ambari-admin-password-reset: command not found [azure@sandbox ~]$ sudo ambari-admin-password-reset sudo: ambari-admin-password-reset: command not found [azure@sandbox ~]$ sudo su - root Last login: Thu Feb 2 23:28:33 UTC 2017 on pts/1 Last failed login: Thu Feb 2 23:48:17 UTC 2017 from 58.218.204.183 on ssh:notty There were 361 failed login attempts since the last successful login. [root@sandbox ~]# sudo ambari-admin-password-reset sudo: ambari-admin-password-reset: command not found [root@sandbox ~]# ambari-agent restart -bash: ambari-agent: command not found [root@sandbox ~]#

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Colin Cunningham

It looks like the tutorial has you ssh into port 22. However, the Azure setup page has the following:

ssh into the VM by going to http://<hostname/ipaddress>:4200 and 

Here is the screenshot from my setup:

12048-screen-shot-2017-02-02-at-73459-pm.png

You should also be able to use the web ssh client via the GUI to connect to the shell.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@Colin Cunningham

It looks like the tutorial has you ssh into port 22. However, the Azure setup page has the following:

ssh into the VM by going to http://<hostname/ipaddress>:4200 and 

Here is the screenshot from my setup:

12048-screen-shot-2017-02-02-at-73459-pm.png

You should also be able to use the web ssh client via the GUI to connect to the shell.

Contributor

@Michael Young I won't claim to understand but, after adding WebSSL at port 4200 into my network security group and disconnecting from VPN (to avoid SOCKS proxy details), I was able to login as root/hadoop. i then changed the root password and am back on my feet. Thank you. I am curious where you found the detail on the need for port 4200 that you pasted. It is not contained in the Azure HDP Sandbox tutorial. Thanks again, - Colin

Super Guru

@Colin Cunningham

I found that information on the Azure Marketplace page where you deploy the Sandbox. We need to update the tutorial appropriately.