Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.amazonaws.services.autoscaling.model.AmazonAutoScalingException: The security token included in the request is expired

Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.amazonaws.services.autoscaling.model.AmazonAutoScalingException: The security token included in the request is expired

New Contributor

I am getting this error when attempting to create a cluster for the 5min Spark walkthrough.

Any ideas anyone? This is all new to me.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.amazonaws.services.autoscaling.model.AmazonAutoScalingException: The security token included in the request is expired

Expert Contributor
@Jacob DeJong which cloudbreak version are you using?

Re: Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.amazonaws.services.autoscaling.model.AmazonAutoScalingException: The security token included in the request is expired

New Contributor

I don't know,

How do I find out?

Expert Contributor

on the cloudbreak machine go to the folder where the profile file is located and please type 'cbd version'

@Jacob DeJong Were you able to create a cluster? Did you check the version? You can also try ssh-ing to the controller machine and get the logs with the command: "cbd logs cloudbreak"

@Jacob DeJong @rdoktorics

There was a related thread for HDCloud https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/100052/horotonworks-data-cloud-error-autoscaling-token-e...

One of the cases of this error appeared in HDCloud was when spot pricing was used and the request timed out after 1 hour or so the token would expire.

From what I remember, this error seems to be caused by a pretty broad range of reasons.