Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ingest data incrementally using Nifi from DB2

Highlighted

Ingest data incrementally using Nifi from DB2

Explorer

Hi,

I have 3 columns , Userid , Serial no and Timestamp column(YYYY-DD-MM HH:MM:SS) in DB2 . I would like to create a incremental load using Nifi . userid,serialno are random numbers not increased primary numbers . TS is increamental.

I have tried to use

FLOW 1

QueryFetchTable->ExecuteSQL->PutHIveStreaming --> logattribute (to avoid duplicates)-- Not working , No Error in the logs (refer attached pic for configuration ) nf.pngnf1.pngnf2.png I'm not able to load even single data to hive using this method as I have used max_column is TS . -- Hive table is Partitioned , Bucketed , ORC and transantional

FLOW 2

ExecuteSQL->PutHiveStreaming->logattribute --> I'm able to manage the data into hive , but I will not be able to incremental load the data -- Hive table is Partitioned , Bucketed , ORC and transantional

Could you please help me to setup a Simple Incremental load using any flow files . Ultimately , I would like a incremental load without duplicates

Hive table is Partitioned , Bucketed , ORC and transnational

I'm open to any processors in Nifi for an incremental load without duplicates . Can you please create a sample workflow with sample config and sample data

@Shu , Any input please . Thanks a lot in advance . Expecting a awesome answer from you :)

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Ingest data incrementally using Nifi from DB2

Super Guru

Flow 1 is the right one, what errors are you seeing?

Highlighted

Explorer

@Matt Burgess Is that QueryDatabasetable or GeneratetableFetch. Let's say I have 100 records in my source table(DB2) . When I add one record in my source I should be getting 101 records ,instead i get around 201 records . I get duplicated records and keep on adding duplicates for every new record @Shu or @Matt Burgess Kindly assist . Im missing a small thing . Kindly clarify.nf11.png Refer attached for the flow .

Highlighted

Explorer

There was no error . But I can't see data in hive . Are my configuration for flow 1 is right ? Without Queryfetchtable I'm able to put data in hive . But can't incremental load to Hadoop . I'm using NiFi 1.2 version.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Matt Burgess Im using Maximum-value Columns as timestamp (YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss) . Do you think Nifi Is unable to take the Maximum-value as a timestamp in the format as it is(YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss)

Explorer

Outputof the ExecuteSQL flow : "TIMESTAMP" : "2018-06-21T19:07:27.000Z" and Hive Datatype is Timestamp and not accepting the format . Is it because Maximum-value Columns aren't working..

Highlighted

Super Guru

I think it is because for the version of Hive used by PutHiveStreaming, it uses a version of Avro that does not support logical types. Try setting "Use Avro logical types" to false in QueryDatabaseTable, I believe that will cause the timestamp to be a string in the outgoing Avro file, but might be able to be converted in PutHiveStreaming under the hood.

Highlighted

Explorer

I'm using GenerateFetchtable instead of QueryDatabaseTable . I'm getting error

"error during database query or conversion of records to avro" . 

How to resolve the above error and to Avoid duplicated records in my table.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Matt Burgess . I still cannot eliminate duplicates . I have changed Avro logical types to false and it allowed me to insert data into Hive with DUPLICATES . Lets assume . I have 100 records If I insert 1 record and I should be getting 101 records instead I get 201 records.Anything I'm missing right now .Kindly assist

Highlighted

Explorer

nififlow.png , Attached the working flow with configurations . Everything is working except duplicates . Kindly assist