Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Insert HBase data to a HttpResponse

Explorer

Hey,

I have a HBase table with data and I want to add this data to an HttpResponse. I can access the data with the GetHBase processor and I can also send an HttpResponse with the HandleHttpResponse processor. But until know, I can not combine both --> pull the data from HBase and add this content to the FlowFile of the HttpRequest to send it with the HttpResponse to the client.

How can I solve this problem with NiFi? Do you have any example?

best regards

JH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hello,

The GetHBase processor was created to be a source processor that incrementally extracts data from an HBase table, trying to use the timestamps of the cells to find new data. Unfortunately because of that it does not support incoming FlowFiles triggering it, which means it can't be used with HandleHttpRequest/Response.

We had a similar request to what you would like to do and created this JIRA ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1784

If we implemented that ScanHBase processor as described in the ticket, then you could have a flow like

HandleHttpRequest -> ScanHBase -> HandleHttpResponse

-Bryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Hello,

The GetHBase processor was created to be a source processor that incrementally extracts data from an HBase table, trying to use the timestamps of the cells to find new data. Unfortunately because of that it does not support incoming FlowFiles triggering it, which means it can't be used with HandleHttpRequest/Response.

We had a similar request to what you would like to do and created this JIRA ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1784

If we implemented that ScanHBase processor as described in the ticket, then you could have a flow like

HandleHttpRequest -> ScanHBase -> HandleHttpResponse

-Bryan

Explorer

thank you very much for the fast answer. I will try to solve this problem by executing a script which get the data from the hbase table.