Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Install of HDP fails with "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'usr'" for App Timeline Server Install

Solved Go to solution

Re: Install of HDP fails with "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'usr'" for App Timeline Server Install

New Contributor

I had this same issue when trying to upgrade from HDP 2.3 to HDP 2.4. This is a bug (or serious weakness) in script /usr/bin/hdp-select which does not tolerate any other files or subdirectories under your root folder (in my case /usr/hdp ). This folder should only contain two sub-folders, one named current and one with a version-number of current HDP.

I had places a backup folder in there and got the same install error

ValueError: invalid literal forint()withbase10:'backup'

when trying to install Grafana according to Ambari upgrade documentation.

My fix (instead of modifying the script as above) was to move my backupfolder from that folder to a different location (or to remove it all together if not needed).

A agree with the fix proposed by @patrick o'leary

Re: Install of HDP fails with "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'usr'" for App Timeline Server Install

Contributor

This worked for me

Contributor

Just removed the extra directories expect the current and other one it worked

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks. I had created few folder under /usr/hdp and faced same issue.

It's a good practice to not to create any files, folders under /usr/hdp as the script doesn't like it.

Easy to move/create the folders (Thank modifying the script) somewhere else if required.

And that solves my issue!

Contributor

This is a known issue with /usr/bin/hdp-select script. The script does not honor any dir except from "CURRENT" and other HDP stack versions. There is an exception in few HDP version where it can tolerate "Share" and "lost+found" folders. You can remove anything except these folder to another location and try again.