Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Installation and usage of Databricks Spark-CSV with Python

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Installation and usage of Databricks Spark-CSV with Python

New Contributor

I'm new to spark and try to load a csv File in a Spark DataFrame using the Databricks Spark-CSV jar. I started a python script with

/usr/hdp/current/spark-client/bin/spark-submit ~/main.py 

I got a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for com.databricks.spark.csv which makes sense due to the fact that I haven't got the .jar in my path. Can anybody tell me how to add .jar files to my system for the use with PySpark?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation and usage of Databricks Spark-CSV with Python

Hi @Lukas Müller, does this work for you?

./bin/spark-submit --jars /path/to/file1.jar,/path/to/file2.jar --packages com.databricks:spark-csv_2.x:x.x.x pyspark_code.py

What version of Spark are you using? If you are using Spark 2.0+, you should not need to specify this jar (just as an FYI for you). Please let me know if this helps.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Lukas Müller, does this work for you?

./bin/spark-submit --jars /path/to/file1.jar,/path/to/file2.jar --packages com.databricks:spark-csv_2.x:x.x.x pyspark_code.py

What version of Spark are you using? If you are using Spark 2.0+, you should not need to specify this jar (just as an FYI for you). Please let me know if this helps.

New Contributor

I'm using Spark 1.6.3

That did the trick!

@Lukas Müller

Great, happy you got it working!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here