Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent.

New Contributor

For some reason my previous post was marked as spam, so I don't know what will be acceptable.  I am building a small cluster of ten machines for testing.  Following this install guide

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.2/topics/install_cm_server.html

[21/Jan/2021 09:20:10 +0000] 23992 MainThread agent ERROR Heartbeating to hdpen01.mydomain.com:7182 failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf/agent.py", line 1396, in _send_heartbeat
response = self.requestor.request('heartbeat', heartbeat_data)
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 141, in request
return self.issue_request(call_request, message_name, request_datum)
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 254, in issue_request
call_response = self.transceiver.transceive(call_request)
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 483, in transceive
result = self.read_framed_message()
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 489, in read_framed_message
framed_message = response_reader.read_framed_message()
File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 417, in read_framed_message
raise ConnectionClosedException("Reader read 0 bytes.")

I have a host file configured with all the names and IPs of the hosts pushed out to all the machines in the cluster.  I did enable auto-TLS, but if I have use_tls=1 I get the above with an additional SSLv3 error.  The cloudera manager machine is listening on 7182, and there is no firewall enabled.

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@NegativeNathan There might be some issue with Auto-TLS where the deployment interrupted and  you are getting this error. 

I would suggest you to check if Auto-TLS is enabled successfully and then restart CM server again and then restart management services to get Auto-TLS in effect. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

@GangWarAh, well it appears that the certificate store is in place on the server.  I tried to disable TLS for agents, but it reverts on cloudera-server restart. 

Master Guru

@NegativeNathan Have you disabled this from CM or agent configuration file? 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.