Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installed Apache Nifi Server but it won't start

New Contributor

Installed Nifi (v1.20) on RHEL7, java version is openjdk version 1.8.0_181. After starting nifi I can see it reports back that is it running and listening for Bootstrap requests, however, a few seconds later it shuts down.

Appreciate any help on this, I new to Apache Nifi

INFO [NiFi Bootstrap Command Listener] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi Apache NiFi now running and listening for Bootstrap requests on port 33666

2023-07-20 10:43:25,365 ERROR [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdErr Defaulting Uptime to NOIMPL due to (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException) Implementation not available in this environment
2023-07-20 10:43:25,504 ERROR [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdErr Failed to start web server: javax/crypto/SecretKey
2023-07-20 10:43:25,504 ERROR [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdErr Shutting down...
2023-07-20 10:43:25,570 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi NiFi never started. Will not restart NiFi

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

@Fabricio Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @MattWho and @steven-matison  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Mentor

@Fabricio you area using a very old version of JDK 1.8.0.  I suggest you try upgrading your JDK version to the latest release and try again. I believe the latest JDK is 1.8.0_381.

Is you found this answered sister you, please take a moment to login in and accept it as a solution.

Thanks,

Matt

New Contributor

Thanks Matt. Agree that it could be an old version, however, we have a Dev env and a Prod env, both using the same JDK, strangely as it is, in Dev the NiFi server runs without issue and Prod is throwing that error I described earlier. My concern upgrading JDK is that it might mess up with Cloudera installation and also, why is it working fine in Dev using the same 1.8.0_181.

Master Mentor

@Fabricio Is your DEV running the exact same version of NiFi on the same OS version?
Cloudera has not released an Apache NIFi 1.20 based release of Cloudera Flow Management yet (CFM).
However, even with the latest CFM 2.1.5.1000 release (based off Apache NiFi 1.18+), the minimum supported JDK version is JDK 1.8 update 252 or newer.  We always recommend using the latest JDK 8 or 11 release with NiFi for bug and security reasons.

At a minimum, i'd suggest reinstalling your JDK as it seems to be a bad install. Also make sure you have installed the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 8 in your JDK. 

Another suggestion would be to but NiFi in DEBUG from the logback.xml config file to see if you can get more log output on the (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException) Implementation not available in this environment exception.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

Community Manager

@Fabricio Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: