Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installing Atlas 0.6 under HDP 2.4

Explorer

Hello,

I am wondering how to properly update the Atlas version from 0.5 to 0.6. I've been following the steps listed at: http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/0.6.0-incubating/InstallationSteps.html

I'm a bit unsure as to where I should place the contents within the atlas folder. I was transferring the contents of the atlas-${project.version} to my /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/ folder, after I created a backup of the atlas-server folder. Then I created a new conf folder in /etc/atlas. I created a soft-link between the conf in the atlas-server folder and the new conf folder (mimicking the setup of the original atlas-server folder). The server seems to start when I run atlas_start.py but then if I try to run quick_start.py the command just hangs. From Ambari, I get an error about hdp version check failed.

Is this the correct procedure or is there another way to update to 0.6?

(Sorry I can't provide snapshots, I performed the install at home and wanted to try and update to 0.6 on our work cluster)

Thanks, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Only Atlas 0.5 is packaged into HDP 2.4. If you want to manually upgrade, you have to first remove the component from Ambari, and then manage atlas by yourself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Only Atlas 0.5 is packaged into HDP 2.4. If you want to manually upgrade, you have to first remove the component from Ambari, and then manage atlas by yourself.

Explorer

Hi @hduraiswamy, thank you very much. I was afraid that was the case. I was trying the Ranger-Atlas VM which used 0.6 and I was hoping there would be an easy way to implement 0.6 for web UI tag definitions.

Super Collaborator

@John Yawney - HDP 2.4.2 is being targeted for May 2016 (in next few days), which I think will have Atlas 0.6 in it. Hopefully that helps.