Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Installing Client On CDH 5.2

Installing Client On CDH 5.2

Explorer
I have just installed a Cluster based on CDH 5.2 with Map Reduce V1, YARN, HBASE, Hive, Impala, etc. I would like to make the server with HIVE, a Client so that I can submit map reduce jobs from there. How do I make this server the Client? I have heard of the Gateway Role but the manager does not selection of the Gateway. Is it because the Hive,Hue. Impala are already selected?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Installing Client On CDH 5.2

Please open the Hive service in the cluster, then visit Instances -> "add role instances". There should be an option to add the host as a gateway

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Re: Installing Client On CDH 5.2

Explorer
Hi, I selected Hive Service from the Home Page, then went to Instances. I selected the Server. There was an action button with pull down menu to deploy client configuration. I did that. It completed. I then ssh to the Hive Server and then do a simple hadoop fs -ls command. I am unable to see the hdfs file system. I just see the local file system. I would like to the use the Hive Server as a hadoop client (aka Gateway). When I can submit map reduce jobs. Am I mistaken here? Also, I added two servers to the cluster and want to use as a pure GW, no hive or impala. I can only see them as a hive server. What am I am doing wrong? Thanks, Anant
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here