Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Installing Zeppelin on HDP 2.4.2

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Installing Zeppelin on HDP 2.4.2

Explorer

I'm trying to install Zeppelin using this guide - https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/34424/apache-zeppelin-on-hdp-242.html.

However, when I try to add the Zeppelin service using the Ambari dashboard Ambari tries to install the service on one of my slaves, instead of the node where Spark-client is installed.

How can I make Ambari install Zeppelin on the client node?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Installing Zeppelin on HDP 2.4.2

@Yaron Idan

you can usually choose which machine to install your service when you get to the "Assign Masters" page in Ambari - there should be a dropdown box when you get to that page. Did you maybe skip it by accident?

Here's an example of my lab cluster (I only have one node, but the principle is the same)

6473-screen-shot-2016-08-08-at-153704.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

@Yaron Idan

you can usually choose which machine to install your service when you get to the "Assign Masters" page in Ambari - there should be a dropdown box when you get to that page. Did you maybe skip it by accident?

Here's an example of my lab cluster (I only have one node, but the principle is the same)

6473-screen-shot-2016-08-08-at-153704.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer

You're completely right, they didn't nominate you to be a guru for nothing.

hahaha! Thanks :D Glad I could help!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here