Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Is it possible to deploy entire metron stack directly onto a single node baremetal physical server?

Is it possible to deploy entire metron stack directly onto a single node baremetal physical server?

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have tried deploying metron in a single node VM using vagrant. It was very interesting when I was exploring it and I would like to know if it's possible to actually deploy the entire Metron with HDP onto a single node physical server using Ambari. If that is possible , does that means that my physical server needs to be installed with both Ambari Server and Ambari Agent ? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is it possible to deploy entire metron stack directly onto a single node baremetal physical server?

Super Collaborator

Anything you can do in a VM, you can deploy on a physical machine.

If you want to manage the services via Ambari, you need both Ambari Agent and Server.

However, I would not really recommend running all those services on one machine. It's called "distributed" computing for a reason ;)

Re: Is it possible to deploy entire metron stack directly onto a single node baremetal physical server?

Contributor

@LIM

yup here is the link for installation.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Installation

Contributor

Hi @Lim ,

Are you able to install Metron ?

Thanks

Vikas Srivastava

New Contributor

@Vikas Srivastava

Hi I am able to install Metron in single node configuration according to the link you provided. However the performance of it running all the necessary services is still very slow in a single node configuration.

Explorer

Thank you for getting back.

What are the server parameters?

Is it better to slice a powerfull server to multiple VMs?

Is metron CPU, RAM or IOps intensive?