Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is their any way to configure new datbase for spark-sql in hdp 2.6

Will you please please help me to configure new database.

By default the spark-sql is connecting to the hive, so i want to configure new database like postgreSQL instead of hive

it will be very help full to rectify for me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vasanth Reddy

Spark SQL data source can read data from other databases using JDBC.JDBC connection properties such as user and password are normally provided as connection properties for logging into the data sources.

In the example below I am using MySQL, so will need to have the Postgres drivers in place

Sample Program

import org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext
val sqlcontext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sc)
val dataframe_mysql = sqlcontext.read.format("jdbc").option("url", "jdbc:mysql://mbarara.com:3306/test").option("driver", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").option("dbtable", "emp").option("user", "root").option("password", "welcome1").load()
dataframe_mysql.show()

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Vasanth Reddy

Spark SQL data source can read data from other databases using JDBC.JDBC connection properties such as user and password are normally provided as connection properties for logging into the data sources.

In the example below I am using MySQL, so will need to have the Postgres drivers in place

Sample Program

import org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext
val sqlcontext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sc)
val dataframe_mysql = sqlcontext.read.format("jdbc").option("url", "jdbc:mysql://mbarara.com:3306/test").option("driver", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").option("dbtable", "emp").option("user", "root").option("password", "welcome1").load()
dataframe_mysql.show()

Hope that helps

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot Thanks a lot helping in this