Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Is there a way for admin to delete notebooks which are owned by users in zeppelin ?

Highlighted

Is there a way for admin to delete notebooks which are owned by users in zeppelin ?

Contributor

This is needed because, if a user leaves the company then we should clean up the zeppelin.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there a way for admin to delete notebooks which are owned by users in zeppelin ?

@Bhavin Tandel

If you cannot directly remove it from Zeppelin UI, you can delete it from the zeppelin node. To do that:

- open up the notebook from zeppelin UI - in the URL the last bit is the folder name. Usually looks like e.g. 2CG68RV7V

- now, go to zeppelin cli

- cd /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/notebook

- rm -rf 2CG68RV7V

- restart zeppelin service

Re: Is there a way for admin to delete notebooks which are owned by users in zeppelin ?

Contributor

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the response, however this is possible only if we can see the notebook but if the user has restricted reader then we will not be able to see the notebook on our UI. For example:

15263-2017-05-10-10-57-44.png

So no other user will be able to see the notebook.

P.S. This might be only in zeppelin 0.7

Hi @Bhavin Tandel

Yes, you are right. Please, raise a case for it and I will handle it.

Expert Contributor

was there a case raised for this issue ?

I am in the same situation and I need help with this.

thanks

Kumar