Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a way i can practise sqoop in apache ambari as like wo do with pig and Hive

Rising Star

Hi,

Is there a way i can practice sqoop in apache ambari as like pig and Hive or sandbox is the only way i can use sqoop command to import and export data from and to RDBMS.

Can anyone please share the link to Sqoop hands on with HDP.

Thanks

Ravikumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Sqoop is really a command line utility, so the best way to kick off sqoop jobs is very much on the console at the moment. You might also consider using Apache NiFi (HDF) for getting data out of relational sources if your use cases are reasonably simple (GBs rather than TBs).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Guru

Sqoop is really a command line utility, so the best way to kick off sqoop jobs is very much on the console at the moment. You might also consider using Apache NiFi (HDF) for getting data out of relational sources if your use cases are reasonably simple (GBs rather than TBs).

Rising Star

@Simon Elliston Ball Thank you!!!

@Ravikumar Kumashi

For now, Sqoop can be run only from the HDP machine. Refer to below Tutorial link:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/sqoop/

Rising Star

@Sindhu Thank you!!!

Rising Star

@Sindhu

When i run sqoop help command in sandbox i get warning saying accumulo does not exist.

6070-sqoop-help.png

Does the above error means my sqoop import command will fail ? how do i overcome the above error.

@Ravikumar Kumashi

That is the warning wrt ACCUMULO setting and would not affect the Sqoop run. This warning can be ignored.

Rising Star

@Sindhu

I tried using sqoop import command and it gives me the below error.

6087-sqoop-import-error.png