Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Issue in starting Ambari Server(HDP 2.5)

Explorer

I am seeing below mentioned error which is causing Ambari-Server to stop.

java.lang.NoCLassDefFoundError : Could not initialize class javax.crytpto.JceSecurity

I started Ambari Server successfully. When i start Ambari agent then it got started but Ambari Server gets stopped. I check the logs and found above.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issue in starting Ambari Server(HDP 2.5)

Super Mentor

@rahul gulati

Looks like you have installed a Java version without JCE. Which java are you using ?

Please share the java version detail as well.

# java -version

Have you installed unlimited strength cryptography in the JVM ? Please see:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

Also i noticed a very strange spelling mistake in your error:

Could not initialize class javax.crytpto.JceSecurity

Notice there is a typo mistake "javax.crytpto.JceSecurity" is that a typo mistake from your side? Or are you actually getting the same incorrect package name there? I think it should be "javax.crypto.JceSecurity"

Super Mentor

@rahul gulati

Also in order to test further, On the host (Ambari Server host) where you are getting this error. Try running the following kind of simple java code "/tmp/TestJCE.java" to see if you are able to load the mentioned missing class.

public class TestJCE {
        public static void main(String ar[]) throws Exception {
                Class c = Class.forName("javax.crypto.JceSecurity");
                System.out.println("\n Able to Load Class: " + c);
        }
}

How to compile & run it ?

cd  /tmp
$JAVA_HOME/bin/javac TestJCE.java 
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java TestJCE
    Able to Load Class: class javax.crypto.JceSecurity

Make sure that you are using the same JAVA_HOME which is being used by the process that is showing the error "java.lang.NoCLassDefFoundError : Could not initialize class javax.crytpto.JceSecurity"

Cloudera Employee

@rahul gulati

I agree with @Jay SenSharma. Problem seems to be with Java. 2 jars namely local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar needs to have full permission - "CryptoAllPermission" as shown below. Try to replicate it on your end.

[root@akhare-1 ~]# source /etc/hadoop/conf/hadoop-env.sh && zipgrep CryptoAllPermission $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/local_policy.jar default_local.policy: permission javax.crypto.CryptoAllPermission;

[root@akhare-1 ~]# source /etc/hadoop/conf/hadoop-env.sh && zipgrep CryptoAllPermission $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/US_export_policy.jar default_US_export.policy: permission javax.crypto.CryptoAllPermission;