Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Issue while HBase component grant access to other users - Sandbox2.6.5

Issue while HBase component grant access to other users - Sandbox2.6.5

Explorer

Hi HCC guys:

Is there any update in Sandbox2.6.5 HBase component? In the pass time I had used HDP2.6.4 then can create table in HBase run as root account(I don't change any settings), But by now it can't do the same action in lastest Sandbox. Then I try to grant the permissions for root user that get an exception, see below:

hbase(main):001:0> grant 'root','RWCA'
ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.grant(RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.java:1236)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos$AccessControlService$1.grant(AccessControlProtos.java:9933)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AccessControlProtos$AccessControlService.callMethod(AccessControlProtos.java:10097)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:7857)

There know that only hbase user can create table, but also not grant user permission. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Issue while HBase component grant access to other users - Sandbox2.6.5

Rising Star

is your cluster also having ranger enabled ? You will need to grant access in ranger policies too. If you have enabled kerberos then please do kinit after login as hbase user

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here