Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue while connecting to phoenix from squirrel.

Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to connect to phoenix from squirrel but i am facing some issues.

First of all i tried to connect to phoenix through sqlline and i was able to establish connection with below connection string.

"/usr/lib/phoenix/bin/sqlline.py ip- 8:2181:/hbase".

After this i downloaded the phoenix client jar from hbase cluster and placed it in the lib folder of Squirrel.

Now when i am trying to connect to phoenix with this connection string jdbc:phoenix:ip- 8:2181:/hbase" i am getting below error.

Error : Unexpected Error occurred attempting to open an SQL connection. class java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: null

error form stack trace - java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

More details - Hbase version - 1.4, Phoenix client version - 4.13.0

Please help me understand what could be the problem here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

So the issue was that socket connection was getting established but the hostname returned by the zookeeper was not getting resolved by squirrel. This answer also points to same issue link.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

So the issue was that socket connection was getting established but the hostname returned by the zookeeper was not getting resolved by squirrel. This answer also points to same issue link.