Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

JobHistory Server Unavailable

Highlighted

JobHistory Server Unavailable

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to access the jobhistory server in my sandbox but it gives me site cant be reached. I'm sure that the historyserver is running as I also restarted it multiple times. I also checked using jps and were able to see the JobHistoryServer.

Need your help guys.

Thanks,

Bruce

10 REPLIES 10

Re: JobHistory Server Unavailable

@Bruce,

First check the process is running or by using,

ps -aux | grep JobHistoryServer

If it is running take the PID from the first field of the ps result and do,

netstat -tulpn | grep PID

If 19888 port is in Listening mode then check your firewall setting or IP address of sandbox and check it in browser.

New Contributor

@nshelke: Yes, it is running and the ports were listening. But still, inaccessible. What should i modify in my firewall. Please refer to my screenshots.

port_listening:

15055-port-listen.png

web_url:

15056-web-url.png

New Contributor
@Bruce Perez

Could you please confirm that you can telnet to JHS port from your desktop?

telnet 10.69.161.179 19888

New Contributor

Hi @Vaisakh Sundaram: I tried and cannot connect. see screenshot.

15057-telnet.png

New Contributor
@Bruce Perez

I believe you might need to check your local firewall settings and make sure 19888 port is open to make the connection to JHS URL.

@Bruce Perez

Please check, The IP assigned to the sandbox by using "ifconfig" command. It will give you two IP's one internal and one external, please use external IP in browser and try to access JobHistory Server. If external IP is not assigned to sandbox, please assign it by modifying vbox's network settings.

This should work.

New Contributor

Hi @nshelke: I'm not using vbox. The sandbox is in Azure.

@Bruce Perez,

Are you able to ping the server from your end please check it and If you are able to ping the server then check the setting in azure for the port 19888 is open or not in firewall.

New Contributor

@nshelke: I was not able to ping the server, but I can open other web urls like Ambari, Hue etc. I sent a screenshot above.