Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kafka topic without a Leader

New Contributor

hi, i have a probleme with Kafka topic ATLAS HOOK that is used to transfer metadata between Atlas and other components hive for example.
so hive is trying to produce data to the ATLAS_HOOK topic but it keeps showing this message : 

2021-08-31T17:52:12,945 WARN  [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1]: clients.NetworkClient (:()) - [Producer clientId=producer-1] 1 partitions have leader brokers without a matching listener, including [ATLAS_HOOK-0]

in my hiveserver2.log or when i try to produce manually via kafka-console-producer.sh
it only happens with ATLAS_HOOK topic when i try with other topics ATLAS_ENTITIES for example it works perfectly, here's the result of describe the topic :

for ATLAS_HOOK :

Topic:ATLAS_HOOK        PartitionCount:1        ReplicationFactor:1     Configs:
        Topic: ATLAS_HOOK       Partition: 0    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1002  Isr: 1002

for ATLAS_ENTITIES :

Topic:ATLAS_ENTITIES    PartitionCount:1        ReplicationFactor:1     Configs:
        Topic: ATLAS_ENTITIES   Partition: 0    Leader: 1002    Replicas: 1002  Isr: 1002

as you can see the ATLAS_HOOK topic has no leader and nothing changes when i restart my broker.
another detail that may help you understand my probleme :

in my server.properties i have the following properties configured : 

advertised.listeners=SASL_PLAINTEXT://ycrtd90.rd1.rf1:6667
listeners=SASL_PLAINTEXT://ycrtd90.rd1.rf1:6667
host.name=ycrtd90.rd1.rf1
port=6667
offsets.topic.replication.factor=1

thank you in advance

0 REPLIES 0