Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kerberized cluster: insert statement in ambari-hive-view gives tez error

I have a kerberized cluster with Ambari 2.2.1.0 and HDP 2.3.2.

I've kerberized Ambari too and I'm trying to use the Hive view.

I can browse hive and create tables but an insert statement gives the following TEZ/YARN error:

main : run as user is admin

main : requested yarn user is admin

User admin not found

Failing this attempt.

Failing the application.at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.waitTillReady(TezClient.java:718)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:207)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask.updateSession(TezTask.java:257)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask.execute(TezTask.java:140)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:160)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:89)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1655)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1414)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1195)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1059)at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1054)at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:154)at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$100(SQLOperation.java:71)at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1$1.run(SQLOperation.java:206)at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1.run(SQLOperation.java:218)at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:74

There is a YARN application submitted by user admin with 2 failed attempts but no logs!

I modified the hive view configuration substituting ${username} with hive and it fails again, the "User admin not found" text is not there but this time there are plenty of logs in the YARN application submitted this time with by user hive.

The error in YARN ist:

[ERROR] [main] |web.WebUIService|: Tez UI History URL is not set
org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezReflectionException: Unable to load class: org.apache.tez.dag.history.logging.ats.ATSV15HistoryLoggingService
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi Nicola,

I assume you are logged in into ambari as user admin. even with your fix I believe your query is being submitted as the user ambari is logged in as and then the TEZ view uses a user that does not have permission to see the job.

can you try either:

• creating an ambari "hive" user and run the queries logged in as that user
  • Use ldap or valid kerberos users within ambari and run the insert

also, do you have impersonation/doAs enabled in ambari hive configuration?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Hi Nicola,

I assume you are logged in into ambari as user admin. even with your fix I believe your query is being submitted as the user ambari is logged in as and then the TEZ view uses a user that does not have permission to see the job.

can you try either:

• creating an ambari "hive" user and run the queries logged in as that user
  • Use ldap or valid kerberos users within ambari and run the insert

also, do you have impersonation/doAs enabled in ambari hive configuration?