Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kerberos Issue in Cloudera Manager after Update Oozie Load Balancer

Contributor

I recently enabled Kerberos on my CDH 5.1.2 test cluster using ther Cloudera Manager wizard.

After trying to access Oozie through load balancer IP I had set I realized I was having problems authenticating. I thought perhaps it was because I was using an IP instead of a DNS name so I updated DNS with an entry for the load balancer, and updated the Oozie configuration with the new DNS name. (Oozie Load Balancer setting in CM, under Service-Wide settings)

The problem I am having now is that Cloudera Manager managed kerberos has not picked up on the change, and is not creating the managed principal for HTTP/loadbalancerhostname.mylan.com@MYDOMAIN.COM. The keytab for oozie has also not updated itself (removed the HTTP/IP@MYDOMAIN.COM or added HTTP/loadbalancerhostname.mylan.com@MYDOMAIN.COM.). 

I have tried regenerating principals through Cloudera Manager but it does not appear to be picking up the new entry for the load balancer.

(Administartion -> Kerberos -> Credentials -> Generate Credentials)

I am not sure what to do to get Cloudera Manager to realize it needs to add the new principal, and regenerate the keytab for oozie. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Cloudera Engineering got back to me with a fix. 

If you run into this problem, disable and then re-enable Oozie HA. This will remove the old keytabs and regenerate them with the proper settings. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Cloudera Engineering got back to me with a fix. 

If you run into this problem, disable and then re-enable Oozie HA. This will remove the old keytabs and regenerate them with the proper settings. 

Thanks!