Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kudu Error : Table property 'kudu.master_addresses' is required when the impalad startup flag -kudu_master_hosts is not used.

Explorer

I am Trying running command in impala shell. And i am get error.

I am trying Creating a New kudu table from impala

CREATE TABLE my_first_table
(
  id BIGINT,
  name STRING,
  PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
PARTITION BY HASH PARTITIONS 16
STORED AS KUDU;

here log

output
[root@cloudera-master ~]# impala-shell
Starting Impala Shell without Kerberos authentication
Opened TCP connection to master.cloudera-testing.io:21000
Connected to master.cloudera-testing.io:21000
Server version: impalad version 2.12.0-cdh5.16.2 RELEASE (build e73cce22064ef4972312d895bed2cdb8787a4215)
***********************************************************************************
Welcome to the Impala shell.
(Impala Shell v2.12.0-cdh5.16.2 (e73cce2) built on Mon Jun  3 03:32:01 PDT 2019)

Every command must be terminated by a ';'.
***********************************************************************************
[master.cloudera-testing.io:21000] > CREATE TABLE my_first_table
                             > (
                             >   id BIGINT,
                             >   name STRING,
                             >   PRIMARY KEY(id)
                             > )
                             > PARTITION BY HASH PARTITIONS 16
                             > STORED AS KUDU;
Query: CREATE TABLE my_first_table
(
  id BIGINT,
  name STRING,
  PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
STORED AS KUDU
ERROR: AnalysisException: Table property 'kudu.master_addresses' is required when the impalad startup flag -kudu_master_hosts is not used.

[master.cloudera-testing.io:21000] >

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Is your cluster using Cloudera Manager for management? If so, have you configured a service dependency between Impala and Kudu? You'll need to go the CM configuration for Impala and reconfigure the Kudu dependency.

After you do that, CM will pass the right value for -kudu_master_hosts on the Impala command line when you next restart Impala, and you'll be able to create Kudu tables without explicitly specifying kudu.master_addresses.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Is your cluster using Cloudera Manager for management? If so, have you configured a service dependency between Impala and Kudu? You'll need to go the CM configuration for Impala and reconfigure the Kudu dependency.

After you do that, CM will pass the right value for -kudu_master_hosts on the Impala command line when you next restart Impala, and you'll be able to create Kudu tables without explicitly specifying kudu.master_addresses.

Explorer

Yes, I am using Cloudera Version 5.16.2.1

Explorer

I also encountered the same problem and tried to search for Kudu's dependencies in Impala's Configuration in Cloudera Manager, but it still couldn't solve this problem. (As shown following figures)all services for cloudera managerall services for cloudera managerkudu setting in impalakudu setting in impala

Cloudera Employee

you can also try using below,

CREATE TABLE my_first_table
(
id BIGINT,
name STRING,
PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
STORED AS KUDU

TBLPROPERTIES (
'kudu.master_addresses' = '<master1>[:port],<master2>[:port],<master3>[:port]'