Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

LLAP JDBC Connection Fails with "hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists"

Contributor

34452-llap-error.png

Attempting to instantiate a JDBC connection to HiveServer2 Interactive results with the attached error.

Error text:

Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://127.0.0.1:36467/poc: Failed to open new session: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hive configuration hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists. Failed to open new session: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hive configuration hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists. Failed to open new session: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hive configuration hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hive configuration hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hive configuration hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size does not exists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Aaron Dunlap

This parameter "hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size" is added recently. As part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14901

So i am suspecting that on the client/server side you might be using a different version of "hive-jdbc-xxx.jar" Or another Jar of different version which contains the class "org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf"

Can you please share more details about your environment, The Hive Version and the JARs versions that you are using?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Aaron Dunlap

This parameter "hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size" is added recently. As part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14901

So i am suspecting that on the client/server side you might be using a different version of "hive-jdbc-xxx.jar" Or another Jar of different version which contains the class "org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf"

Can you please share more details about your environment, The Hive Version and the JARs versions that you are using?

Contributor

You're absolutely correct, I hadn't even looked at that. I was using ver 2.3 of the Hive JDBC driver. Downgrading to 2.2 worked like a charm. Thanks!