Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Logstash java.lang.IllegalStateException ?

Logstash java.lang.IllegalStateException ?

Explorer

0favorite

I am trying to execute this command: aymenstien@aymenstien-VPCEH2Q1E:/usr/share/logstash$ ./bin/logstash -f /home/aymenstien/Bureau/fb.conf

here is the config file:

input { file { path => "/home/aymenstien/Bureau/mydoc/*" start_position => beginning codec => json sincedb_path => "/home/aymenstien/Bureau/mydoc/postj1.sincedb" } } output { stdout { codec => rubydebug } elasticsearch { hosts => "http://localhost:9200" index => "fbpost" document_type => "post" timeout => 30 workers => 1 } }

and I am getting the result of execution below:

aymenstien@aymenstien-VPCEH2Q1E:/usr/share/logstash$ ./bin/logstash -f /home/aymenstien/Bureau/fb.conf WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /usr/share/logstash/config/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs errors to the console [FATAL] 2018-07-05 12:47:56.496 [main] runner - An unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<ArgumentError: Path "/usr/share/logstash/data" must be a writable directory. It is not writable.>, :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/settings.rb:448:in `validate'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/settings.rb:230:in `validate_value'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/settings.rb:141:in `block in validate_all'", "org/jruby/RubyHash.java:1343:in `each'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/settings.rb:140:in `validate_all'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:279:in `execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67:in `run'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:238:in `run'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:132:in `run'", "/usr/share/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:73:in `<main>'"]} [ERROR] 2018-07-05 12:47:56.554 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit

Can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Logstash java.lang.IllegalStateException ?

@Aymen Rahal

Quite a few errors in the output above. Seems the important one is:

Path "/usr/share/logstash/data" must be a writable directory. It is not writable.

After setting the permissions of /usr/share/logstash/data your command line should work.
However, I would suggest to run Logstash as its proper installed service, with configuration files in /etc/logstash.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here