Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

LookupAttibute Example

Rising Star

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a SimpleKeyValueLookupService configured with some sample type I'm attempting to lookup. The way I understand it so far (from all the searches I've done) is in the LookUpAttribute I create a Dynamic Property of 'key' and set it's value to be in my case ${column_name}. So my question is where does the result get returned into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hans FeldmannThe best thing to explain this is to take an example. Let's say that you want to add an attribute city with a SimpleKVLookupService. And you will be doing the lookup by an attribute id_store (look at this article to understand the logic behind this use case).

You need to configure LookupAttribute as follows:

39696-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93120-am.png

This means that the processor will use the value of the attribute id_store as a key and query the lookupservice. the returned value will be added as an attribute city. Here's the result:

39697-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93414-am.png

Of course, the flow file should have the attribute id_store before going in LookupAttribute.

And here's the content of the SimpleKVLookupService

39698-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93741-am.png

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Hans FeldmannThe best thing to explain this is to take an example. Let's say that you want to add an attribute city with a SimpleKVLookupService. And you will be doing the lookup by an attribute id_store (look at this article to understand the logic behind this use case).

You need to configure LookupAttribute as follows:

39696-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93120-am.png

This means that the processor will use the value of the attribute id_store as a key and query the lookupservice. the returned value will be added as an attribute city. Here's the result:

39697-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93414-am.png

Of course, the flow file should have the attribute id_store before going in LookupAttribute.

And here's the content of the SimpleKVLookupService

39698-screen-shot-2017-10-07-at-93741-am.png

I hope this helps