Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Lot of questions on Cloudera developer Certification

New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have been learning hadoop using Open Source Apache Hadoop packages and I wish to go for cloudera developer certification.

Please help me with below questions.

1) Which is the latest cloudera developer certification as of November 2014 and what version of CDH we need to learn?

2) How much java is required to take the test?..For Example Basic Core Java skill or Advanced java like (Generics,Reflection,Threading) or knowledge of J2EE

3) I know to develop hive,pig,Map Reduce codes based on Apache packages/api..Does Cloudera's package differs much from apache's?

4) what  components from hadoop ecosystem should be learnt for  hadoop developer certification?

5) Does knowledge of Data Science / Hadoop Administration required for hadoop developer certification?

Thanks for your time 🙂

Regards,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi Arun,

http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccdh/prep.html

1) Which is the latest cloudera developer certification as of November 2014 and what version of CDH we need to learn?

- this is largely immaterial for a developer. The changes in 5 are largely resource mgmt (administrator) specific. As the exam is a role-based exam and not a product exam, the versions are somewhat fluid and immaterial.

2) How much java is required to take the test?..For Example Basic Core Java skill or Advanced java like (Generics,Reflection,Threading) or knowledge of J2EE

- You should know how to read and write Java MapReduce code. There are no Java questions outside the context of MapReduce. No Java EE and nothing advanced in the Java sense. 

3) I know to develop hive,pig,Map Reduce codes based on Apache packages/api..Does Cloudera's package differs much from apache's?

- Cloudera ships the open source packages. There is zero difference.

4) what  components from hadoop ecosystem should be learnt for  hadoop developer certification?

5) Does knowledge of Data Science / Hadoop Administration required for hadoop developer certification?

- No data science; you need to understand the architecture of a cluster but not how to install, tune, secure, etc. that cluster. you need to know how to submit jobs, etc...some of which people would think of a devops.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Hi Arun,

- this is largely immaterial for a developer. The changes in 5 are largely resource mgmt (administrator) specific. As the exam is a role-based exam and not a product exam, the versions are somewhat fluid and immaterial.

- You should know how to read and write Java MapReduce code. There are no Java questions outside the context of MapReduce. No Java EE and nothing advanced in the Java sense. 

- Cloudera ships the open source packages. There is zero difference.

- No data science; you need to understand the architecture of a cluster but not how to install, tune, secure, etc. that cluster. you need to know how to submit jobs, etc...some of which people would think of a devops.

New Contributor
Thanks so much