Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ML Workspace Provisioning + APIs

Highlighted

ML Workspace Provisioning + APIs

Explorer

Are there APIs available for provisioning ML workspaces? Plz share documentation for the same.

We are planning to implement provisioning and wiping off EDH workspaces on demand for which what possible automations are available? Also wanted to know if there are options to automate workspace specific access management.

@schonz @VidyaSargur - can you plz help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: ML Workspace Provisioning + APIs

Expert Contributor

Hi @sang06 ,

I am assuming that you are referring to the provisioning of CML workspace on the CDP Public Cloud platform? If that is the case, then yes it is possible to automate the provisioning of a CML workspace using the CDP CLI. First, you will need to install the CDP CLI:

https://docs.cloudera.com/management-console/cloud/cli/topics/mc-cli-client-setup.html

Then you can get started with the CDP CLI for machine learning like this:

cdp ml create-workspace help

Regards,

Steve

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Steve @StevenOD 

Thanks, I noticed the cli option but we are interested in API calls to automate through ansible. There is no documentation for the same.

By the way, even for the CLI, there is no documentation. 

Any help in this front?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi @sang06 ,

Each of the individual projects within CDP has an API. So Cloudera Manager has an API, Ranger has an API and you can call and deploy models in CML using an API. However, to my knowledge, you would need to use the CLI to build the CDP environment and CML workspace in the first place.

I'm aware that there isn't any documentation regarding the CLI - that is a bugbear of mine too - I have been working through the CLI the hard way to get it working.

Regards,

Steve

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here