Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

MapReduce job failing after kerberos

Expert Contributor

I enabled kerberos on HDP 2.3.2 cluster using ambari 2.1.2.1 and then tried to run map reduce job on the edge node as a local user but the job failed:

Error Message:

Diagnostics: Application application_1456454501315_0001 initialization failed (exitCode=255) with output: main : command provided 0

main : run as user is xxxxx

main : requested yarn user is xxxxx

User xxxxx not found Failing this attempt. Failing the application. 16/02/25 18:42:28 INFO mapreduce.Job: Counters: 0 Job Finished in 7.915 seconds

My understanding is that we don't need the edge node local user anywhere else.. but I am not sure why my map reduce job is failing due to the user not being there on other nodes. please help

example mapreduce job:

XXXXX:~#yarn jar /usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.7.1.2.3.2.0-2950.jar pi 16 100000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

jobs are running fine after i added the user to hadoop group on all the nodes .. but i am not sure adding the user account to the hadoop group would be a good idea ..

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Explorer

hi, @yang jifei, were you able to solve your issue? I am having similar problem as well. Could you please help me?