Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Metron 0.6.0 build failed

Highlighted

Metron 0.6.0 build failed

Contributor

Hi All,

I'm stuck trying to build the latest Metron from the github repo. It looks like it has issue with npm; however my VM, I'm connected to the internet and tried NPM version 3.3 and tried version 6.4 but still getting the same error.

Please help!

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm (npm ci) on project metron-config: Failed to run task: 'npm ci' failed. (error code 1) -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm (npm ci) on project metron-config: Failed to run task
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:863)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:199)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Failed to run task
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.AbstractFrontendMojo.execute(AbstractFrontendMojo.java:95)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)... 20 moreCaused by: com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.lib.TaskRunnerException: 'npm ci' failed. (error code 1)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.lib.NodeTaskExecutor.execute(NodeTaskExecutor.java:60)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.NpmMojo.execute(NpmMojo.java:62)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.AbstractFrontendMojo.execute(AbstractFrontendMojo.java:89)... 22 more
1 REPLY 1

Re: Metron 0.6.0 build failed

New Contributor

I have the same problem!
Ansible: 2.4.1
Maven: 3.3.9
Python: 2.7.12
And I'm trying version 0.5.0 in Task Create Virtual private cloud I get an error saying:

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "This module has been removed. The module documentation may contain hints for porting"}
to retry, use: --limit @/root/metron/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/playbook.retry

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here