Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Metron Docker Installation in Windows failed with error ' Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed.'

Explorer

We tried installing Metron docker in Windows 10. We installed JDK 1.8,Python 2.7,Visual Studio C++ Build Tools 2015,Maven 3.5 and Git. Environmental variables and path has been set correctly. Cloned the Metron from github. But when we run "mvn clean install -DskipTests" the installtion exits with error :

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm (npm install) on project metron-config: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. (error code 1) -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException [ERROR] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command [ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :metron-config

If anybody has faced this error before, please let me know the resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Lija Mohan,
Seems this is metron maven build related issue in windows platofrm. This is due to metron-config & metron-alerts UI module npm build issue. Could you try commenting out those under metron-interface module's pom as a work around ? Hope you don't need UI projects built in your local for this. I will post here If I found a tweak or fix for the UI module builds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @Lija Mohan,

The Metron full dev deployment is tightly knit only to work on linux or mac OS'. Windows is unsupported. Please try on one of the *nix platform.

As an additional note, you can run the metron-deployment/scripts/platform-info.sh script to ascertain if you have met the install pre-requisites.

Contributor

@Lija Mohan,
Seems this is metron maven build related issue in windows platofrm. This is due to metron-config & metron-alerts UI module npm build issue. Could you try commenting out those under metron-interface module's pom as a work around ? Hope you don't need UI projects built in your local for this. I will post here If I found a tweak or fix for the UI module builds.

Explorer

@Irshad Muhammed Yes.Metron Docker works like a charm in Windows. Thanks for the workaround.