Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Metron Indexing stopped right after started

Contributor

When i start metron indexing service via ambari, the service will start successfully but stopped after few second.

i look into /var/log/metron/ directory but only found metron-rest.log. where is the log file for other metron component?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It actually running after i restart the server

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Super Collaborator

@Bramantya Anggriawan

You need to look for the indexing logs under the storm worker logs. There are two topologies that run as a part of the Metron Indexing service--random_access_indexing and batch_indexing. You can view the respective logs under /var/log/storm/worker-logs/<indexing-topo-name>/6700/worker.log.

Btw, I would also suggest that you look at the Ambari agent log for any errors. I have seen earlier that the indexing service appearing stopped could possibly be an issue with python-requests package not installed as well (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1451).

Contributor
@asubramanian

I look at ambari-agent.log and find this :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/PythonReflectiveExecutor.py", line 59, in run_file
    imp.load_source('__main__', script)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.4.1.1.4.1.0/package/scripts/indexing_master.py", line 18, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    import urllib3
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from .connectionpool import (
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 11, in <module>
    from .exceptions import (
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/exceptions.py", line 2, in <module>
    from .packages.six.moves.http_client import (
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 198, in load_module
    return sys.modules[fullname]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'modules'

I already update the python-request but it looks like the problem is python-urllib3 now.

Super Collaborator

Can you post the version of python-requests you have installed?

pip list | grep requests

Super Collaborator

Also, can you describe your test environment more...

* full dev or bare metal

* version of Metron

Contributor

@asubramanian

here is the result :

[root@workernode-01 ~]# pip list | grep requests
DEPRECATION: The default format will switch to columns in the future. You can use --format=(legacy|columns) (or define a format=(legacy|columns) in your pip.conf under the [list] section) to disable this warning.
requests (2.18.4)
[root@workernode-01 ~]# 

my cluster build on vm with RHIF bare metal, with metron version 0.4.1.1.4.1.0

Super Collaborator

ok.. can you install the following version of requests and check if things work?

pip install requests==2.6.1

New Contributor

Such a great post to know different useful information.

Logomines

Contributor

@asubramanian

after i install request 2.6.1 like your advice, this error still persist :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/PythonReflectiveExecutor.py", line 59, in run_file
    imp.load_source('__main__', script)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.4.1.1.4.1.0/package/scripts/indexing_master.py", line 18, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
    from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from . import urllib3
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 61, in load_module
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'modules'

Super Collaborator

Hm.. this error seems different than the earlier one. Can you list the version of urllib3 ? (pip list | grep url)