Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Metron TP1 single node deployment errors (could not find Metron-Topologies-0.1BETA-archive.tar.gz)

Highlighted

Metron TP1 single node deployment errors (could not find Metron-Topologies-0.1BETA-archive.tar.gz)

Trying to deploy Metron TP1 using the article in HCC on a single instance and having some issues:

TASK [metron_streaming : Copy Metron Topologies bundle] ************************
fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "could not find src=/Users/drussell/VirtualBox VMs/incubator-metron-Metron_0.1BETA_rc7/metron-streaming/Metron-Topologies/target/Metron-Topologies-0.1BETA-archive.tar.gz"}

NO MORE HOSTS LEFT *************************************************************
    to retry, use: --limit @../../playbooks/metron_full_install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
node1                      : ok=220  changed=111  unreachable=0    failed=1

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

The file it's looking for indeed does not appear to exist, infact the whole subdir doesn't exist!

ls /Users/drussell/VirtualBox\ VMs/incubator-metron-Metron_0.1BETA_rc7/metron-streaming/Metron-Topologies/
README.md  pom.xml    src/

Thoughts welcome!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Metron TP1 single node deployment errors (could not find Metron-Topologies-0.1BETA-archive.tar.gz)

Rising Star

Hi,

Thanks for checking out Metron @drussell. It looks as if you need to run mvn clean package from the metron-streaming directory. Is it possible you omitted that step?

If so, after you've built the project, you can alter your Ansible command to pick up where you left off by adding --tags="ec2,metron_streaming,web" --skip-tags"wait" to the ansible-playbook command you used previously.

Thanks!

-David...

Re: Metron TP1 single node deployment errors (could not find Metron-Topologies-0.1BETA-archive.tar.gz)

Thanks @David Lyle it's entirely possible, my first attempt failed with a completely different error, so this was a second attempt to re-run the vagrant up command a day later. I believe my first failed attempt may have been due to network instability, I'll try from scratch now I'm on a decent network and see how that goes.

Rising Star

No problem, I'll be keen to hear of your progress. Please ignore my Ansible command above. For some reason, I had it in my head that you were provisioning on EC2.

New Contributor

Hi, you probably forgot to actually build the Metron topologies jar. Go to /metron-streaming/ and do mvn package