Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Migrating Oozie database from Oracle to MySql.

Expert Contributor

I created the oozie user and database on MySql. In the process of migrating it, Oozie server won't start and i encountered the error "Runtime Exception during Services Load. Check your list of 'oozie.services' or 'oozie.services.ext' E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'". Any clue on what might be wrong or do I need to remove the Oozie service completely to migrate the DB? Note that I tested the connection while changing DB details in the config and it confirmed connection was ok. @Artem Ervits @Benjamin Leonhardi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
@Joshua Adeleke

Can you try this -

1, download the mysql-connector-jar from: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/here 2. Copy the mysql-connector-java.jar to /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext and /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libtools # cp mysql-connector-java.jar /usrhdp/current/oozie-server/libext 3. Prepare the oozie.war by: # sudo su -l oozie -c "/usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war -d /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru
@Joshua Adeleke

Can you try this -

1, download the mysql-connector-jar from: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/here 2. Copy the mysql-connector-java.jar to /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext and /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libtools # cp mysql-connector-java.jar /usrhdp/current/oozie-server/libext 3. Prepare the oozie.war by: # sudo su -l oozie -c "/usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war -d /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext"

Expert Contributor

Thank you @Sagar Shimpi. The mysql-connector-java.jar exist already. I have been using Hive with MySQL on the same node. Is it possible for the mysql-connector-java.jar to have issues and the DB connection test to be OK in Ambari Web UI?-

rw-r--r--. 1 oozie hadoop 819803 Jul 5 10:14 mysql-connector-java.jar

Expert Contributor

The oozie server starts for less than a minute and stops thereafter. I'm still looking for a fix as this critical issue.

2016-07-06 08:03:37,483 FATAL Services:514 - SERVER['server'] Runtime Exception during Services Load. Check your list of 'oozie.services' or 'oozie.services.ext' 2016-07-06 08:03:37,487 FATAL Services:514 - SERVER['server'] E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0103: Could not load service classes, Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

Expert Contributor

IT's working fine now. Thank you @Sagar Shimpi

New Contributor

Copy mysql-connector-java.jar jar file into /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-server/webapps/oozie/WEB-INF/lib folder, this will solved problem