Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Minifi Toolkit

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm brand new to Apache NiFi and MiniFi.  I'm following along a Getting Started with MiniFi (https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/Getting-Started-with-MiNiFi/ta-p/247366) and I'm trying to convert the template xml to yml per the instructions.  I am in the minifi-toolkit directory.  I had to add the jaxb-api-2.4.0-b180830.0359 which was not included in the lib directory.  So, I ran the transform command and got the following error:

Error reading template. (javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Implementation of JAXB-API has not been found on module path or classpath.
- with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory])

I can't find any trouble shooting tips to resolve this error.  Can anyone please help me resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

@H20 What version of NiFi was the template created in and what version of the toolkit is being used to do the transform?

New Contributor

This might be too late but hoping answer would help someone someday. I experienced the same error and spent countless hours in fixing. I was using latest version of Java (JDK21). However, once I switched back to java 8, this problem was fixed. The issue is primarily due to the fact that The JAXB packages javax.xml.* are not visible in Java 9 and Java 10 and removed in Java 11 and above. And the jaxb-api contains only the APIs, and we need the JAXB Implementation