Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Missing template for Cloudera ansible definition.yml file for HA cluster

Explorer

Where can we find the template for the Cloudera Ansible (silent installation) definition.yml file for HA cluster?

7 REPLIES 7

Master Guru

@Yaniv Take a look of https://blog.cloudera.com/automating-cdp-private-cloud-installations-with-ansible/

as well as https://github.com/cloudera/cloudera-playbook

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

@GangWar Thanks for the replying. I have looked into the links that you sent but I can't find the required file template for the definition.yml file.  

Explorer

Doesn't help to find definition.yml file template for HA cluster

Hi @Yaniv 

The link to the GiHub repo that @GangWar shared earlier in the thread is the canonical location for assets related to Cloudera's Ansible-based automation for the deployment of CDP Private Cloud Base. As it says in the blog post referred to in this thread earlier:

The Ansible playbooks are provided on an as-is basis without any warranty or support.

If you can't find a desired asset there, that means it has not been publicly released by Cloudera. To put it more directly, as of April 2022, Cloudera has not yet publicly published a definition that includes HA.

If you go ahead and develop an HA template on your own, you are always welcome to raise an issue on the GitHub project and submit your in-house developed template as a pull request, as Cloudera welcomes participation from the community.

If you don't have the Ansible playbook development skills or the time to obtain them, I would suggest you engage Professional Services to develop the assets you need. If you're a Cloudera Subscription Support customer, please do reach out to your Account team to discuss your potential project if you wish to go that route.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Thanks @ask_bill_brooks for the clarification

Community Manager

@Yaniv Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer
No, actually I didn't get what I need. I just understood that I need to develop it by myself