Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Multiple Nifi projects on the same sandbox

Rising Star

I had setup sandbox & Nifi on Ambari. I found the Nifi files in the following folders.

/opt/HDF-2.0.0.0-579/

/opt/HDF-2.0.0.0-579/conf/nifi.properties

I can use http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:9090/nifi for one project now.

If I want to create a new Nifi project, should I download and install a new Nifi package in the /opt folder and assign it a new port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Andy Liang,

NiFi is designed to be multi tenant and to offer the possibility to run multiple flows to serve different projects/teams on the same instance (standalone or cluster). In the UI you can use the notion of process groups to define "boxes", and inside the process groups you can define flows. Unless you draw relationships between the process groups, the workflows will run independently. When your NiFi instance is secured and user access is defined you can define ACL policies on the components to ensure that a given workflow can only be accessed/modified by the appropriate team/project.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Andy Liang,

NiFi is designed to be multi tenant and to offer the possibility to run multiple flows to serve different projects/teams on the same instance (standalone or cluster). In the UI you can use the notion of process groups to define "boxes", and inside the process groups you can define flows. Unless you draw relationships between the process groups, the workflows will run independently. When your NiFi instance is secured and user access is defined you can define ACL policies on the components to ensure that a given workflow can only be accessed/modified by the appropriate team/project.

Hope this helps.

Rising Star

@pvillard Thank you very much for the detail explanation. It helps me a lot.