Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

My requirement - wanted install Any HDP or CDH hadoop clsuter for POC

Explorer

Hi All,

Thanks in Adv...

Wanted top some POC, for that i want install CDH or HDP hadoop cluster on AWS.

Now after merging new product is : CDP 

Can i still install HDP 3.1  with ambari  as before without any license issue. if yes kindly help the link to downloads source.

If not can i install CDP without license or trail versions. if kindly provide links to download and installation document as i never installed CDP.

Thanks,

Suryakant 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cdh 

Just to add on to the answer given above by @araujo , I wanted to address the second part of your question:

If not can i install CDP without license or trail versions. if kindly provide links to download and installation document as i never installed CDP.

No, you cannot install a non-trial version of CDP without a valid Cloudera subscription. Cloudera does have programs to support those doing a legitimate evaluation/PoC of Cloudera's data platform software for lengths of time beyond that allowed by trial versions, however. Your best approach, if you're interested in that, would be to contact the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about your company's options.

If you're honestly looking to evaluate a data platform, you can currently do so without an existing valid Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform. A link to the documentation describing in detail how to install this version of CDP Private Cloud Base can be found on that page, labeled CDP Private Cloud Base Trial Installation.

Cheers!

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

Please see this answer: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/How-to-apply-https-archive-cloudera-com-cdh6-Dow...

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Hi @cdh 

Just to add on to the answer given above by @araujo , I wanted to address the second part of your question:

No, you cannot install a non-trial version of CDP without a valid Cloudera subscription. Cloudera does have programs to support those doing a legitimate evaluation/PoC of Cloudera's data platform software for lengths of time beyond that allowed by trial versions, however. Your best approach, if you're interested in that, would be to contact the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about your company's options.

If you're honestly looking to evaluate a data platform, you can currently do so without an existing valid Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform. A link to the documentation describing in detail how to install this version of CDP Private Cloud Base can be found on that page, labeled CDP Private Cloud Base Trial Installation.

Cheers!

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.