Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NI FI problems with postgree server

Hi, I'm newbie in NIFI and also in java services 

yesterday I downloaded nifi-1.10.0 bin version 

i run run-nifi.bin 

and after i started to work with NIFI 

I made a connection to postgree database but it doesn't work 

also my colleague made the same thing and everything is ok.

what can goes wrong with my NI FI ? 

проблемс.jpg When I use this password in DBeaver  everything is OK.

what have I do to make it right way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

You will need to add permissions in postgres to allow connection for this user from the NiFi host.  You should follow documentation for your version of postgres to complete these steps.  If this is a sandbox, or dev setup, I recommend working to give the postgres user "wildcard" or unlimited access from any host.  This will remove the requirement of mapping the user permission to a specific host (whatever the nifi host is).  Once you get the user opened up you can try to test access from NiFi again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

You will need to add permissions in postgres to allow connection for this user from the NiFi host.  You should follow documentation for your version of postgres to complete these steps.  If this is a sandbox, or dev setup, I recommend working to give the postgres user "wildcard" or unlimited access from any host.  This will remove the requirement of mapping the user permission to a specific host (whatever the nifi host is).  Once you get the user opened up you can try to test access from NiFi again.

Thank you!I resolved the problem

Community Manager

I'm happy to see you resolved your issue. Please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.