Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI installation is not working

New Contributor
I installed NIFI in my system but when I tried to check the status using nifi.sh status under my bin directory it gives the below error:
Aiiyer_0-1627080418888.png

Request you to please suggest a solution for this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AiiyerThe more detail you provide in your post the better community members can assist with your question. You didn't indicate from what distribution you installed NiFi, or on what operating system you installed it.

The absolute file path shown in the dialog box you provided a screen capture of indicates that you are running some version of MS Windows and the text of the error message itself would support that conclusion. If that's the case, you can't generally run a shell script like nifi.sh without ancillary software installed because the command interpreter for that script is not available on your chosen operating system.

According to the Getting Started with Apache NiFi documentation (scroll down to the section Starting NiFi), the command bin/nifi.sh status is only appropriate for Linux/macOS users. The solution would be to avoid attempting to run that shell script on MS Windows. Follow the instructions in the section For Windows Users instead.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@AiiyerThe more detail you provide in your post the better community members can assist with your question. You didn't indicate from what distribution you installed NiFi, or on what operating system you installed it.

The absolute file path shown in the dialog box you provided a screen capture of indicates that you are running some version of MS Windows and the text of the error message itself would support that conclusion. If that's the case, you can't generally run a shell script like nifi.sh without ancillary software installed because the command interpreter for that script is not available on your chosen operating system.

According to the Getting Started with Apache NiFi documentation (scroll down to the section Starting NiFi), the command bin/nifi.sh status is only appropriate for Linux/macOS users. The solution would be to avoid attempting to run that shell script on MS Windows. Follow the instructions in the section For Windows Users instead.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Hello @ask_bill_brooks, thanks for your response and guidance, I can now successfully login to NIFI with the help of the document : https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/getting-started.html#for-windows-users that you provided. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Aishwarya

Community Manager

@Aiiyer, Thank you for your participation in Cloudera Community. I'm happy to see you resolved your issue. Please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Learn more about the Cloudera Community: