Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI - policies for Connection

Rising Star

Hi all,

In the WEB UI NFI, I can find where modifie the policies to have permission to list/empty queue

thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@mayki wogno

In order to list a queue you need the "view the data" policy.

in order to empty a queue you need the "modify the data" policy.

If you are working with a NiFi cluster, all your nodes in the cluster will also need to be granted these policies as well.

Click on the key in the "operate" window to the left of the Canvas:

8872-screen-shot-2016-10-25-at-110236-am.png

Then select the two policies listed above (Click override if you want to create a new policy and not edit the parent policy that is inherited). Add the Cluster node users and any other users you want to have those abilities.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Master Guru

I believe that "List Queue" would be a "View Data" policy on the source, and "Empty Queue" would be a "Modify Data" on the source component. Also keep in mind that if you are clustered, all of the nodes in the cluster also need to be part of this policy because all entities (users + machines) involved in the request need to be authorized for the data.

Expert Contributor

Hi Bryan,

What Ranger's policy should be added for the "list queue" and "empty queue"? I tried /ViewData, /flowfile-queues, /View_Data but none of them works.

Thanks, SJ

Super Mentor

@Sanaz Janbakhsh

This question revolves around setting the correct file based authorizer permissions for listing and emptying queues.

Since you are using Ranger , I suggest starting a new question so as not add confusion as process is different.

Thanks,

Matt

Expert Contributor

Super Mentor
@mayki wogno

In order to list a queue you need the "view the data" policy.

in order to empty a queue you need the "modify the data" policy.

If you are working with a NiFi cluster, all your nodes in the cluster will also need to be granted these policies as well.

Click on the key in the "operate" window to the left of the Canvas:

8872-screen-shot-2016-10-25-at-110236-am.png

Then select the two policies listed above (Click override if you want to create a new policy and not edit the parent policy that is inherited). Add the Cluster node users and any other users you want to have those abilities.

Thanks,

Matt

Explorer

Thank you.

Rising Star

Hi all

I've set 'admin nifi' in "view the data"

It's not work, I always permissions denied.

Admin Nifi contains my user, and all nifi nodes (nifi001..nifi004)

8886-viewthedata.jpg

Super Mentor

@mayki wogno

view the data will give you the ability to list the queue, but will not give you the ability to empty the queue. You need to give yoru nodes and the user making teh request teh ability to "modify teh data" as well.

Super Mentor

If after adding "modify the data" policy it still does not work, check the nifi-user.log to see what entity it is having permissions problems with? Did you set processor level policies on the processors on each side of this queued connection?