Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI: unable to Restart NIFI on HDF 3

I am unable to restart NIFI on HDF 3, getting following error

ERRORorg.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch NiFi due to java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:153) at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:267) Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jetty.util.TypeUtil.getLoadedFrom(Ljava/lang/Class;)Lorg/eclipse/jetty/util/resource/Resource; at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.<clinit>(WebAppContext.java:140) at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.Configuration$ClassList.<init>(Configuration.java:148) at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.Configuration$ClassList.serverDefault(Configuration.java:143) at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.Configuration$ClassList.setServerDefault(Configuration.java:115) at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.<init>(JettyServer.java:149) ... 6 common frames omitted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Have you added anything to NiFI's lib directory?

This looks like the classpath is messed up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

Have you added anything to NiFI's lib directory?

This looks like the classpath is messed up.

I added phoenix-client.jar to the nifi/lib folder, i moved it out and able to start nifi now.

Thanks

Master Guru

Sounds good, there is a property in the HBase Client Service where you can specify the location of phoenix-client.jar so it can be located outside NiFi's lib dir.