Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Namenode, ranger and hive audit logs

Expert Contributor

where can I find Namenode, ranger and hive audit logs on edge node

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kavitha velaga

The audit logs are created on the respective nodes within the cluster where the services run (not on the edge node). For example, if you are looking for the Hive audit logs, look in /var/log/hive on the node in your cluster where Hiveserver2 runs. Alternatively, you can view access and admin audit information through the Ranger UI on the "Audit" tab.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@kavitha velaga

The audit logs are created on the respective nodes within the cluster where the services run (not on the edge node). For example, if you are looking for the Hive audit logs, look in /var/log/hive on the node in your cluster where Hiveserver2 runs. Alternatively, you can view access and admin audit information through the Ranger UI on the "Audit" tab.

Expert Contributor

Thank you. Logged in hiveserver2, but under audit I see as below. Can I consider these as audit logs?

/var/log/hive/audit/hdfs/spool # ll -lrt total 16 -rw-r--r-- 1 hive hadoop 0 Apr 28 02:45 index_batch_batch.hdfs_hiveServer2_closed.json drwxr-xr-x 2 hive hadoop 4096 Apr 28 02:45 archive -rw-r--r-- 1 hive hadoop 458 Apr 28 03:26 spool_hiveServer2_20160428-0326.52.log -rw-r--r-- 1 hive hadoop 455 Apr 28 03:29 spool_hiveServer2_20160428-0329.02.log -rw-r--r-- 1 hive hadoop 599 Apr 28 03:29 index_batch_batch.hdfs_hiveServer2.json