Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Need a processor to test if a table sql exists and return the flowfile

Highlighted

Need a processor to test if a table sql exists and return the flowfile

Contributor

Hello,

My dataflow is as follow:

My purpose is to create a table from a csv file and then put the data in this table. Everything is working good but I need to check if the table is created before storing the csv file. So I used the Execute SQL to run this query:

select count(table_name) from information_schema.tables where table_name='warranty'

But it returns only the number of rows and not the flowfile. My test is if number of row is one so I execute the rest. So I need to use dataflow which can check if the table is well created and execute the other processors if not it stop every thing. Can you help me plz I know that i can find another way but don't find ideas.

Thank you for your help.

capture.png
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Need a processor to test if a table sql exists and return the flowfile

Super Guru

As of NiFi 1.5.0 (via NIFI-4522), you can issue a SQL query in PutSQL while still retaining the incoming flow file contents. For your case, you could send the CSV file to PutSQL and execute a "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS" statement, which will create the table the first time but allow the CSV to proceed to the "real" destination processor, likely PutDatabaseRecord.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here