Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Need help in understanding the PII tag in ATLAS & Ranger

Can some one explain me how PII tag actually works? I am following this link to create working example over here

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/tag-based-policies-with-apache-ranger-and-apache-atlas/#step-6-crea...

My doubt is:

1. At first, user raj_ops and maria_dev are given permission to table "Figure 15: Sandbox_hive Repository’s Policies" which allow them to query the record successfully.

2. As per "Figure 26: Add New Ranger Policy" is created a new policy to exlcude PII column. I believe at this point both the policies are contradictory to each other (25, 28/26). user are allowed to select only name column.

3. Later as per PII tag further down the tag use can query the data.

Can some one tell me or point me step be step working example of PII tag. or any tag based policies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

9 REPLIES 9

For me it doesn't work at 2nd step creating a new policy because both the plocies ar contradictory to each other,

Thanks!. After troubleshooting i realized it was an issue due to setup of kafka ranger plugin..

ATLAS and RANGER were unable to communicate.

New Contributor

The Blueprints feature also allows the replacement of some parts of the Hadoop stack with other elements and offer customized aspects of that part of the stack. essay writing companies Ranger for basic security systems; and Falcon for data lifecycle command.

New Contributor

They generate sales plans for the period and determine when items should be indorsed, while maintaining profitability. Cushion Covers

New Contributor

Winter composes should wear hues that are sharp and clear. White, dark, naval force blue, red and stunning pink all run well with winter compositions sexy one piece swimsuits For lighter hues, wear frosty tones as opposed to pastels.

Winter composes should wear hues that are sharp and clear. White, dark, naval force blue, red and stunning pink all run well with winter compositions sexy one piece swimsuits For lighter hues, wear frosty tones as opposed to pastels.

New Contributor

Our immediate association with different telecom administrators and shrewd SMS gateway innovation guarantee best-in-class conveyance rates, ultra-low latencies and 24x7 help for your writings. Our clients vouch by the ROI TheTexting produces for them!

New Contributor

Much gratitude to you such an incredible sum for sharing~! I will form a post soon about continuing with your direction, and I will in all likelihood association with this! You have also issued me inconceivable grub for the further examinations. gite desirade

Your asked question is very difficult for me but i can try to find there answer. google

Thank you for this posting. Google