Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Need help installing HDF onto HDP 3.0. HDF Base URL

UPDATE:

It appears there may be a bug or additional steps required to HDF components to HDP 3.0.

I've attempted the install the HDF management pack several times in HDP 3 and I've had no luck. I went back to the HDP 2.6.x build in my lab and followed the same steps as documented below and I was able to add the NiFi Service. I didn't update the HDF Base URL and just did the first part of downloading the pack, installing, then restart ambari and the service appeared in the Add Service in HDP 2.6.x.

It appears there is a bug in this process for 2.7 or there are additional steps required.

PREVIOUS POST:

I've just installed HDP 3.0 and I would like to install the HDF Management Pack that includes NiFi.

I installed the management pack instructions from the documentation from here: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-and-hdp/content/ch_instal...

I don't quite understand the instructions for Updating the HDF Base URL which is shown here:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-and-hdp/content/ch_base-u...

I need more detailed instructions as it doesn't explain enough detail of what I'm supposed configure.

Here are the instructions:

1. From the Ambari menu, click the admin drop-down in the top right of your Ambari Dashboard view. Then select Manage Ambari.
  2. From the Clusters view on the left, click Versions, and then click the HDP version link.
  3. Configure the HDF Base URL to the base URL appropriate for your operating system. Find the HDF Base URLs in theHDF Release Notes.
  4. Click Save.

I've looked up the Base URL info, but I don't know where to configure specifically. It won't let me alter the repos for HDP as I get an invalid error.

I am using CentOS 7 for my environment.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ray Donovan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Ray Donovan

Surely the support /compatibility matrix gives Donovan reason. Hortonworks provides you with a sleek tool to validate it components

Supportmatrix Hortonworks

This shows Ambari 2.7.0 supports HDP 2.0.0,HDF3.2.0 and DP 1.2 so HDF 3.1 wont work with Ambari 2.7 and HDP3.0

92388-support-matrix.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Ray Donovan ,

Referring to your doc i tried to setup the HDF-3.1 and i am successfully able to see and edit the HDF version as mentioned in the helpdoc.

I have attached the image for your referrence :

91389-screensho.png

Can you please show me what error are you facing.

Are you able to see any error in ambari-server.log

91393-screenshot.png

I was able to get the correct result in HDP 2.6.4 but I can't get it to work on HDP 3.0.

If you try in HDP 3.0 I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Master Mentor

@Ray Donovan

Surely the support /compatibility matrix gives Donovan reason. Hortonworks provides you with a sleek tool to validate it components

Supportmatrix Hortonworks

This shows Ambari 2.7.0 supports HDP 2.0.0,HDF3.2.0 and DP 1.2 so HDF 3.1 wont work with Ambari 2.7 and HDP3.0

92388-support-matrix.png

I was able to install the HDF components by installing the HDF 3.2 instead. I had to upgrade the mpack and now I can add NiFi to HDP 3.0.

Here are the steps I took:

Download mpack 3.2.0.0-520

ambari-server upgrade-mpack --mpack=/home/admin/Downloads/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.2.0.0-520.tar.gz --verbose

ambari-server restart

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Ray Donovan,

Glad that its resolved for you.

I assume you used ambari-2.7 and installed 3.1.1 of HDF which was not in supported list of ambari-2.7 caused the issue.

You can close the thread by marking the best answer.

Master Mentor

@Ray Donovan

Any updates ?

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.