Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Need to find details searched through Column Values.

Highlighted

Need to find details searched through Column Values.

New Contributor

Hi,

I have a very odd requirement to find out the details,but the search will have to be through Column values.

I can't use rowkey for the same.Tried using scan but it does takes lot of time as my records will be in billions.

Another way i found out is Secondary Indexing (Composite Index) ,but looking for something which is less time consuming.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Debasish

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need to find details searched through Column Values.

New Contributor

who want to use the Navigation Function Explorer, you can go here. open file explorer windows 10 , in this Explorer, you can get the feature and you can open more tabs at a time so that your work can be done faster

Can you provide a very simple, but indicative, example of what you are looking for? Maybe a few rows and details of what you would be looking for. As you already know, the filter language documented at https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#thrift.filter_language will end up scanning everything. And also as you know, creating another table whose rowkey is aligned with your query you want to run fast will take effort to keep in sync as you upsert your data. There's always Phoenix is you want to stay completely in HBase, but maybe a hybrid of HBase and Solr might work. Again, my a simplified example could help.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here